The clinical therapeutics cardiopulmonary research laboratory was designed to integrate teaching and researches related to cardiopulmonary physical therapy and exercise physiology. Study populations include those who require chest physiotherapy and exercise therapy. Hardware in the laboratory includes metabolic gas analysis systems, treadmill, cycle ergometer, electromyography system for assessment of cardiopulmonary responses to exercise; laser Doppler flowmeters for the measurement of skin and superficial muscle blood flow; spirometry for the measurement of pulmonary function; and non-invasive cardiac output monitor. Recent research focuses include: effects of exercise training on cardiopulmonary function in health and diseased, effects of chest physiotherapy, effects of respiratory muscle training, and relevant topics of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
- Meng-Yueh Chien, PT, PhD, Associate professor
- Li-Ying Wang, PT, PhD, Assistant professor
- Wen-Yat Huang, PT, doctoral students
- Tsung-Hsien Wang, PT, doctoral students
- Yi-Hsuan Huang, PT, graduate students
- Chia-Jung Chang , PT, graduate students
- Hui-En Chen, PT, graduate students
- Ling-Wei Chen, PT, graduate students
- Inter-school cooperator: Mei-Wun Tsai, PT, PhD, Associate professor of National Yang-Ming University, Department of Physical Therapy and Assistive Technology
- Chen S, Su CL, Wu YT, Wang LY, Wu CP, Wu HD, Chiang LL. Physical training is beneficial to functional status and survival in patients with prolonged mechanical ventilation. J Formos Med Assoc 2011;110:572-9.
- Chien CL, Lee CM, Wu YW, Wu YT. Home-based exercise improves the quality of life and physical function but not the psychological status of people with chronic heart failure: a randomised trial. J Physiother 2011;57:157-63.
- Chien CL, Wu YW, Yang WS, Yang PC, Su HM, Wu YT. Myocardial perfusion image in asymptomatic postmenopausal women with physical inactivity and overweight. Obes Facts 2011;4:372-8.
- Hsieh PL, Chao WJ, Wu YT. Effects of exercise training in patients after heart transplantation: A meta-analysis. Cardiology. 2011;120:27-35.
- Huang CH, Yang GG, Wu YT, Lee CW. Comparison of inspiratory muscle strength training effects between older subjects with and without chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Formos Med Assoc 2011;110:518-26.
- Huang CL, Wu YW, Hwang CL, Jong YS, Chao CL, Chen WJ, Wu YT, Yang WS. The application of infrared thermography in evaluation of patients at high risk for lower extremity peripheral arterial disease. J Vasc Surg 2011;54:1074-80.
- Hwang CL, Wu YT, Chou CH. Effect of aerobic interval training on exercise capacity and metabolic risk factors in people with cardiometabolic disorders: a meta-analysis. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 2011;31:378-85.
- Tsai MS, Chang CC, Kuo ML, Wu YT. Vascular endothelial growth factor-A and changes in a tumor-bearing mouse model with Lewis lung cancer. Oncol Lett 2011;2:1143-7.
- Wu YT, Hwang CL, Chen CN, Chuang LM. Home-based exercise for middle-aged Chinese at diabetic risk: A randomized controlled trial. Prev Med 2011;52:337-43.
- Chou CH, Hwang CL, Wu YT. Effect of exercise on physical function, daily living activities, and quality of life in the frail elderly: a meta-analysis. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2012;93:237-44.
- Lin HF, Yang JL, Lin KY, Lin YL, Yang PY, Lai CC, Tsauo JY, WangLY. Physical Therapy in Oncology. Formosan Journal of Medicine. 2012;16(6):624-632.
- Chao WJ, Lin PC, Liou CC, Hsieh MH, Hwang CL, Wu YT. The Effect of Aging on Microvascular Function in Healthy Men by Iontophoresis with Laser Doppler Flowmetry. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2011;36:208-215.
- Tsai MS, Wu CL, Wu YT. Cancer Cachexia: Mechanism and Effects of Exercise. Formosan Journal of Medicine. 2012;16:201-202。
- Lin HF, Wu YT, Tsauo JY. Utilization of rehabilitation services for inpatient with cancer in Taiwan: a descriptive analysis from national health insurance database. BMC Health Serv Res 2012;12:255.
- Chien MY, Lee PL, Tsai YF, Yang PC, Wu YT. C-reactive protein and heart rate recovery in middle-aged men with severe obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep Breath 2012;16:629-37.
- Yang PY, Ho KH, Chen HC, Chien MY*. Exercise training improves sleep quality in middle-aged and older adults with sleep problems: a systematic review. Journal of Physiotherapy. 2012;58(3):157-163. (SCI)
- Chien MY, Wu. YT. Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Metabolic Syndrome. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2012;37(2):114-125.
- Tsai MS, Chou CH, Wu YT. Metabolic Syndrome in Children and Adolescents Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2012;37:104-113.
- Hsieh PL, Hwang CL, Wu YT. Physical Activity/Exercise and Lifestyle Modification for the Prevention and Treatment of Metabolic Syndrome. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2012;37:91-103.
- Wu YT, Chien CL, Wang SY, Yang WS, Wu YW. Gender differences in myocardial perfusion defect in asymptomatic postmenopausal women and men with and without diabetes mellitus. J Womens Health 2013;22:439-44.
- Chien MY, Chang YJ, Lee P, Yang PC, Wu YT. Electrophysiologic changes with incremental exercise in obstructive sleep apnea. Muscle Nerve 2013;48:212-8.
- Chiang JK, Lin YL, Chen CL, Ouyang CM, Wu YT, Chi YC, Huang KC, Yang WS. Reduced risk for metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance associated with ovo-lacto-vegetarian behavior in female Buddhists: a case-control study. PLoS One 2013;8:e71799.
- Hsieh CH, Tien HJ, Hsiao SM, Wei MC, Wu WY, Sun HD, Wang LY, Hsieh YP, Chen Y.J. Stereotactic body radiation therapy via helical tomotherapy to replace brachytherapy for brachytherapy-unsuitable cervical cancer patients – a preliminary result. OncoTargets and Therapy. 2013;6:59-66. (SCI)
- Wang LY, Wu HD, Chen KY, Hsieh CH, Lai CC. Impact of age on functional exercise correlates in patients with advanced lung cancer. OncoTargets and Therapy. 2013;6:1277-1283. (SCI)
- Tsai MS, Kuo ML, Chang CC, Wu YT. The effects of exercise training on levels of vascular endothelial growth factor in tumor-bearing mice. Cancer Biomark 2013;13:307-13.
- Lin SC, Hsieh PY, Shueng PW, Tien HJ, Wang LY, and Hsieh CH. Total Marrow Irradiation as Part of Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation for Asia Patients with Multiple Myeloma. BioMed Research International. 2013;2013:ID 321762, 7pages. (SCI)
- Hsieh CH, Hou ML, Chiang MH, Tai HC, Tien HJ, Wang LY, Tsai TH, Chen YJ. Head and neck irradiation modulates pharmacokinetics of 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin. Journal of Translational Medicine. 2013;11(1):231. (SCI)
- Huang WY, Chien MY, Wu. YT. Sarcopenic Obesity: Definition, Mechanism, and Effects of Exercise Training. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2013;38(3):219-227.
- Li YH, Hsiao SF, Liao HF, Chien MY. A Case Report of Physical Therapy Intervention of Acute Myocardial Infarction-Application of International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) Model. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2013;38(2):116-125.
- Huang WY, Wu YT. Effects of Exercise or Physical Activity Intervention in the Elders with Metabolic Syndrome. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2013;38:163-171.
- Chien MY, Huang AW, Liao HF. The ICF Core Sets in the Acute Hospital and Early Post-acute Rehabilitation Facilities and Their Implication Physical Therapy. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2013;38(2):93-107.
- Yin NH, Chen WS, Wu YT, Shih TT, Rolf C, Wang HK. Increased patellar tendon microcirculation and reduction of tendon stiffness following knee extension eccentric exercises. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 2014;44:304-12.
- Chen CN, Chuang LM, Korivi M, Wu YT. Home-based exercise may not decrease the insulin resistance in individuals with metabolic syndrome. Journal of J Phys Act Health 2014 Feb 5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Li YH, Wu YT, Chien MY. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Bone Health. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2014;39:97-106.
- Metabolic Measurement System (Sensor Medics 2900): for submaximal and maximal exercise testing
- Spirometry: for pulmonary function test (e.g., FEV1, FVC etc.)
- Bioelectrical impedance analyzer (Spectrum III): for the assessment of body composition (e.g., total body fat, lean body mass, water etc.)
- Treadmill: for exercise testing or training
- Cycle ergometer: for exercise testing or training
- Arm crank ergometer: for exercise testing or training
- Mouth pressure meter: for the measurement of maximal inspiratory and expiratory pressure
- Vital signs monitor: for the measurement of blood pressure, SpO2, electrocardiogram, and heart rate
- Laser Doppler blood flow monitor (DRT4): for the measurement of skin or superficial muscle blood flow
School and Graduate Institute of Physical Therapy,
College of Medicine, National Taiwan University
Floor 3, No.17. Xuzhou Rd., Zongzheng District, Taipei City 100, Taiwan, R. O. C.
Last Updated: 2017/2/18 下午 03:42:17