The director of Applied Electrophysiology Laboratory is Dr. Cheng-Ya Huang. The laboratory focus on neuromotor control of motor and postural tasks in older adults and neurologic patients by electrophysiological techniques such as electromyography (EMG), electroencephalography (EEG), H reflex, event-related potential (ERP), and movement-related potential (MRP). Knowledge of movement science, electrophysiology, and signal processing are integrated to explore research issues in the fields of neuromotor control, motor learning, and motor impairments.
Those who have different academic backgrounds are welcomed to join us. We aim to develop small, clear and creative experiments to gain better insight into neural mechanisms for human movements, on which therapeutic treatments and skill improvement are based.
- Yu SH, Huang CY*. Improving posture-motor dual-task with a supraposture-focus strategy in young and elderly adults. PLOS ONE. 2017; 12(2):e0170687
- Hung YT, Yu SH, Fang JH, Huang CY*. Effects of precision-grip force on postural-suprapostural task. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2016. 41: 223-229.
- Hwang IS, Huang CY*. Neural correlates of task cost for stance control with an additional motor task: phase-locked electroencephalogram responses. PLOS ONE. 2016;11(3):e0151906.
- Yu SH, Huang CY*. Enhancing Dual-task Learning through Supraposture-first Instruction in Healthy Young Adults. International Journal of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation. 2015. 2:105.
- Yu SH, Huang CY*. Task Priority and Postural-suprapostural Performance: Advantages of Suprapostural-first Strategy. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2014. Dec;39(4):209-215.
- Lei WH, Huang CY*. Neuromuscular Effects of Shifting the Focus of Attention in a Posture Task. Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2014. Dec;39(4): 216-222.
- Huang CY, Zhan CG, Hwang IS. Neural basis of postural focus effect on concurrent postural and motor tasks: phase-locked electroencephalogram responses. Behavioural Brain Research. 2014. 274:95-107.
- Huang CY, Su JH, Hwang IS. Rate control and quality assurance during rhythmic force tracking. Behavioural Brain Research. 2014. 259:186-195.
- Huang CY, Hwang IS. Behavior data and neural correlates for postural prioritization and flexible resource allocation in concurrent postural and motor tasks. Human Brain Mapping. 2013. 34(3):635-650.
Current and Further Projects:
- The effect of prioritization of attentional allocation on postural-suprapostural tasking
- The effects of suprapostural attention focus and postural difficulty on H-reflex and brain activity: Aging and Parkinson’s disease
- Effects of task prioritization on postural-suprapostural task and brain activity in Parkinson’s disease with different balance ability.
Room 343, Floor 3, No.17, Xuzhou Rd., Zhongzheng District, Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)